Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Anger Management

I have found that passionate people tend to have passionate anger. I must have a very passionate family, because anger appears to run in the family. I guess some would also consider me to be aggressive, therefore, most people know when I am angry. The older I get, the more focused I am becoming on controlling my anger. Having an angry feeling is okay, as long as you learn how to control it. Here is the short list of things that calm me down:

1. Music, especially of the "Heavy Metal" variety
2. Cleaning
3. Brisk, energetic walking

Here is list of the devices I would like to use to calm myself down:

1. Yoga
2. Breathing
3. Writing, if it is productive and logical, all the better

Anger can be a very dangerous emotion. People do bad things in the name of anger. I would prefer to be productive in the face of anger. I don't want to waste my life feeling angry and out of control.

1 comment:

Dave said...

Check out this article on anger. Turns out it's bad for the heart (surprise, surprise).