Sunday, October 29, 2006

Halloween through a Child's Eyes


I ask my daughter, "Morgan, what does Halloween mean to you?"

Morgan's answers, "Well, it means goodness to me, which means I like it. I like the candy, the spooky costumes, dressing up like a fairy, you get to decorate, fun stuff. The best part is getting dressed up and going trick or treating with your friends."

Now the mommy answers, "It means attempting to resist the temptation of the candy. Calming my child down after she goes on Halloween candy overload. Buying an expensive costume that Morgan may wear more than one time - maybe not."

I haven't been into Halloween the past couple of years. I enjoy the haunted hayride we take Morgan on. Every year I want to go to more haunted houses, but we never seem to find the time or a babysitter.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this picture of Morgan!!

Dave said...

Orange is a good color - maybe my favorite thing about a holiday I seem to have mostly grown out of otherwise (unlike my brother Steve, who had a balst this year).